- First Name
- Last Name
- Press Name
- Ampersand Duck
- Website or Blogsite
- Year You Started with Letterpress
- How You Got Involved In Letterpress Printing
I was introduced to letterpress during bibliography studies, then I went through art school to get close to the only local equipment. Now I am an art-based private press, interested in exploring letterpress as an extension of printmaking.
- Presses & Equipment
Vandercook SP-20, Adana five-eight tabletop press, 7 cabinets of metal & wook type (specimen available), book guillotine, board guillotine, range of simple binding equipment.
- Education & Training
- MA English Lit and BA Visual Arts (Hons)
- Work History
Technical assistant and printer for the Edition + Artist Book Studio (2002-2006); technical assistant and book arts teacher, ANU School of Art Book Studio (2007 to present); various workshops taught around Australia & NZ; established own print studio in 2009.
- Other Interests & Hobbies
Collaboration, the book as art, text in art, wearable art, poetry, reading, playing ukulele, cats.
- Letterpress Group Memberships, If Any
- LOLP, New Zealand Association of Hand Printers; Fine Press Book Association; Canberra Craft Bookbinders Guild, Print Council of Australia
- Birth Year