- First Name
- Last Name
- Press Name
- Willow Run Press
- mix77us AT yahoo.com
- Website or Blogsite
- Year You Started with Letterpress
- How You Got Involved In Letterpress Printing
Inspired by my late brother who worked in a couple of print shops.
Found a 3 x 5 Kelsey and a few fonts of type in home made cases and began collecting from there. Letterpress printing has always remained primarily a hobby.
- Presses & Equipment
1915 Chandler & Price 12 X 18 New Style, c.1900 Challenge 8 x 12 (Chicago built), 3 X 5 & 5 X 8 Kelseys, Poco "0" & Triumph 12 X 18 Proof Presses, Approximately 350 fonts of metal and wood type. Essential and ancillary sundry accoutrements.
- Education & Training
- No formal training. Self taught and learned from others.
- Work History
- Retired in 2008 as a machine operator from General Motors Willow Run Hydra-Matic Transmission Plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Other Interests & Hobbies
- Long time musician; play guitar & keyboards. Vintage Harley Davidson motorcycles owning a 1960 Duo-glide "Panhead". Tinkering with and collecting vintage Gilbert Erector Sets. Playing and modding "The Elder Scrolls" series of open world video games made by Bethesda Softworks, also metal detecting with Minelab and White's detectors.
- Letterpress Group Memberships, If Any
- APA, Monks and Friars Chappel, Michigan Letterpress Guild
- Birth Year